The Festival 2019, presented by Magners, has now been and gone and Conference and Event life has now picked up pace again.
The Joules clothing was here this weekend – and Centaur was full of happy shoppers bagging a great bargain.
We head towards the Spectre Cheltenham Masters Darts night on the 5th April. Darts stars Michael Van Gerwen and Gary Anderson, widely regarded as the best two players on the planet, will compete here and it is always a great night. Fantastic players, great music and a buzzing crowd guarantee a vibrant atmosphere in Centaur. Some guests come in spectacular fancy dress which adds another dimension of fun.
On Good Friday we host the jockeys of the future here – for the Pony Club race day, it is great to see the future champion jockeys hone their skill on our hallowed turf.
Immediately after Easter we host the Fresh: Art Fair. You can browse and buy the work of 500 UK and International artists from exciting new talent to Royal Academicians …Blake, Hirst, Hockney, Emin, Sutherland and McLean will all be there. There are original prints and paintings, sculpture, glass and ceramics from £100 to £20,000 most of them within your budget. Further information can be found here.
Now racing is over we use our 350 acres to great advantage over the summer months – a great collection of events are set to take place.
We are looking forward to The Cheltenham Balloon Fiesta! It is set to be one of the most amazing Balloon events and we are thrilled they are coming to Cheltenham Racecourse in June. More information can be found here.
The Wychwood Festival celebrates it’s 15th anniversary and they are announcing some great acts. Scouting for Girls will start the weekend off with a bang on Friday, ABC will headline on Saturday and The Stranglers will close the weekend on Sunday night. I am sure there will be more acts to come too! More info can be found here.
Looking ahead, we had our planning meeting with the production company for our annual awards dinner – the McCoy’s – and we have some great ideas in mind – a new look for this glitzy occasion – watch this space!
I thought you would like to meet the team here at Cheltenham who work so hard behind the scenes to put on our events:
Today we feature Kenny Macdonald who is our Technical Manager. He looks after all our AV/PA needs across the site:
- How long have you worked at Cheltenham – 74,440 Hours (8.5 years)
- Favourite event and why – True Believers cause I am a geek
- Favourite room and why – The Centaur, just because!
- If I was in charge for one day what would I do – Organise and run a small film festival utilising the Centaur cinema as well as the smaller rooms…
- Little known fact about you – I used to be a DJ on our local hospital radio station, where I had to play positive music (nothing dark or about Death!!) which then lead to me being one of the originators/DJ’s of the now well established Isles FM up on Lewis…